About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are currently hiring an Accounting Associate to join our Finance and Accounting team. Associates are also encouraged to play an active role in internal Eagle Hill initiatives.
The responsibilities of the Accounting Associate will include:
- Payroll functions associated with time sheet and expense submissions
- Supporting the Financial Statement, 401(k), and GSA audits
- Reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures
- General ledger account management and reconciliation
- Accounting record maintenance and administration
- Contract administration
- Budget and financial analysis
- Financial reporting
- Supporting Finance and other Operations with accounting related functions as needed
What are the Required Qualifications?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with an Accounting Concentration
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and familiarity with other Microsoft tools
- Strong problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task across projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit, knows when to be resourceful and take initiative
- Eligibility to obtain a US Public Trust
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Federal government contracting experience
- Willingness and flexibility to work in a mix of both an office and virtual telework arrangement
- Desire to become a CPA
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading Approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Crystal City office and at client sites throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.