IT Support Specialist
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are currently seeking a full-time Technical Support Specialist for our IT department.
The Technical Support Specialist, working under the direction of our IT Senior Manager, helps support Eagle Hill and its employees by identifying IT needs, researching solutions, resolving issues and guiding employees through corrective steps. Additionally, the Technical Support Specialist helps ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. Prior demonstrated experience in receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and resolving end user requests is required.
The types of activities that the Technical Support Specialist may participate in include, but are not limited to:
- Configure laptops, MS Surfaces, and Verizon Hotspots for distribution to employees
- Break/fix for all company IT hardware and software
- Manage laptop, printer, Verizon Hotspot, and other IT resource inventory
- Manage technical aspects of on-boarding and off-boarding employees, including user account management, laptop imaging and equipment repurpose
- Evaluate, test and install special use software
- Provide helpdesk support for all IT-related issues including password resets, etc.
- Administer network including our wireless networks
- Review and service printers and copy machines
- Maintain and troubleshoot VoIP office phones, conference calling packages, and Skype
- Assist in the testing, maintenance and use of audio visual equipment
- Assist in maintaining all IT-related documentation, including floorplans and network diagrams
- Assist in maintaining any IT-related warranties
- Assist in evaluating and procuring network equipment and software/application licenses
- Create user guides and FAQs with respect to personal computers and associated software
- Assist with all facilities-related tasks as needed
- Respond to customer issues via phone, email, and computer chat
- Assist with the management and tracking all other EHC software Other duties as assigned
What are the Required Qualifications?
- BA/BS in related field of study or 4 years minimum of equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Windows 10
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft 365 (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Office365 administration experience
- Extensive IT troubleshooting experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deliver customer service to users with various levels of computer knowledge
- Ability to be flexible to and adapt to dynamic priorities and tasks
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take initiative
- Eligibility to obtain a US Public Trust
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- CompTIA A+, ITIL V4, A+CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, MCSA, MCSE, certifications
- Visual Studio, SQL, PowerShell, Python
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading Approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Crystal City office and at client sites throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.