Federal Consulting Director
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Eagle Hill is seeking a Director with management consulting experience within the federal consulting space. The Director will help us grow our Public Service practice by expanding Eagle Hill’s footprint into new federal agencies. They will be responsible for the successful shaping, capture, and award of new opportunities. They will develop strategic client relationships, teaming partnerships, and pricing strategies and shape Eagle Hill solution offerings to resonate with prospect’s needs.
Eagle Hill Directors typically lead one or more client accounts which includes managing client relationships and contracts, ensuring successful client delivery across projects, and meeting revenue and margin targets. Directors are also responsible for strategic account planning and business development to meet their account growth goals. Further, Directors are consummate professionals with deep expertise in our capability areas and innovative practitioners that deliver results beyond expectations. Internally, they are unparalleled in their commitment to the mentorship and professional development of their teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years external client facing management consulting experience in the federal space with experience providing consulting services in one or more of the following disciplines: Strategy and performance, change management, human capital strategy, and implementation & program management
- Proven track record of shaping and capturing federal work in multiple agencies
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the federal marketplace to identify, qualify, and pursue “greenfield” prospect/future client relationships for the firm in new capabilities or clients sets
- Extensive experience in account planning, managing federal business development and end-to-end procurement processes, Pricing experience, and track record of developing winning proposals and pricing strategies
- Expertise in developing and managing teaming partnerships and subcontracts
- Insight into federal contract management
- Knowledge of federal contract vehicles
- Demonstrated problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated success in building rapport and credibility and seen as a “go-to” resource for innovative and collaborative solutioning
- Strong leadership skills, including people development, team building, and conflict management
- Demonstrated excellence presenting to an executive-level audience, both written and oral
- Experience leading consulting engagements and developing and managing scope, budget, and schedule
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to successfully complete and retain any company, federal, or other background investigations required to perform client work
- Eligibility to obtain a Level 5 Public Trust
- Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Human Capital Management, Human Resources, or Organizational Development, preferred; MA or MS degree in Strategic Human Capital Management a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit, significant federal experience and demonstrated “above and beyond” success in business development efforts yielding consistent growth in their field
- Experience in developing new service offerings in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading Approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail email@example.com. Positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Crystal City office and at client sites throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.