Human Resources Manager (HR Generalist)
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Eagle Hill is expanding in size and national footprint. We are currently seeking an HR Manager that is eager to grow with us and play a key role in evolving Eagle Hill HR to meet the needs of our dynamic organization!
The HR Manager will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and will be responsible for managing Eagle Hill’s Human Resources function. This will include leading strategic HR initiatives while simultaneously executing day-to-day HR tasks. This role will require you to analyze the big picture while also rolling up your sleeves and engaging on a hands-on basis.
This position is located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Once reopened, applicants must be willing and able to work from our office in Arlington, VA.
The primary responsibilities of the HR Manager will include – but are not limited to – the following:
- HR Strategy
- Define, develop, and execute HR projects and initiatives that support Eagle Hill's People and Culture strategy
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of HR processes and programs
- Maintain knowledge of HR trends, technologies, and best practices; develop innovative solutions to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Leverage data to identify insights and to diagnose and address systemic issues
- Employee Relations
- Manage sensitive and complex performance, conduct, and other personnel matters and investigations; embody Eagle Hill core values in employee interactions
- Provide expertise and coaching to supervisors and leadership regarding HR policies and practices
- Collaborate with Legal team as needed to mitigate risk
- Benefits and Records Management
- Oversee and administer all employee benefits and leave programs; serve as primary interface to broker and carriers and manage annual renewal and enrollment processes
- Maintain employee records and HR data in HRIS and other systems
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices
- Develop, maintain, and communicate personnel policies
- Liaise with Legal, Finance and other teams on matters of compliance, tax, etc.
What are the Required Qualifications?
- A minimum of 7 years of total professional work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources management experience, including managing HR initiatives, employee relations, and comprehensive benefits programs
- Demonstrated experience in HR-related strategy and solution development
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Strong professional acumen, as well as excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; adept at balancing project-based work with routine responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; accustomed to using data to uncover patterns and trends
- Able to operate with ambiguity and adapt to dynamic needs and priorities
- Track record of embracing change and acting with a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to resolve conflicts and act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient in developing Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other MS Office documents
- Technical proficiency using an HRIS, building ad hoc reports, and comfortable navigating unfamiliar HR software and systems
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce
- Compensation experience
- HR management experience in a Federal contracting environment
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail email@example.com.
This position will be located in our Washington DC, Boston, or Seattle offices. Once our offices have reopened, applicants must be willing and able to work at one of these 3 office locations. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and performance, talent and change management. Eagle Hill works with a range of public, private, and non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC, Seattle, and Boston metropolitan areas and across the nation. A recognized leader, Eagle Hill has earned awards from the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian as a top place to work. More information is available at www.eaglehillconsulting.com.