Data Analytics Consultant
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are currently hiring individuals with data analytics experience to join our client delivery team. These individuals will lead or contribute to workforce planning or other client projects with data analytics components. They will conduct robust data analysis to support solution development efforts for our clients. They are expected to bring technical expertise to solve client problems and collaborate with Eagle Hill and client team members to support discussions, analysis, and solutions that help deliver impact for the client. Based on prior consulting experience, hired applicants will join Eagle Hill at one of our consulting levels (Consulting Associate – Consulting Senior Manager). In the absence of data analytics work, these consultants may also work on other client projects across Eagle Hill’s service lines.
Specific responsibilities may vary and will be dependent on an employee’s current project role, but the type of project work that these consultants may perform includes:
- Applying statistical models to generate forecasts for large datasets
- Conducting data analyses such as trending, variation, and comparative analyses of processing control
- Developing presentation materials to share solutions with clients
- Drafting documentation for client and internal work products
- Supporting the professional training and development of more junior team members when required
What are the Required Qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years total work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with data analysis, statistics, and data modeling
- Experience applying statistical models (e.g., linear regression, multivariate analysis, etc.) to generate forecasts for large datasets
- Proficiency (2+ years) in coding/programming languages (Python, JAVA, SQL, R, etc.)
- Proven track record of working resource capacity (or workforce planning) initiatives and understanding of industry best practices
- Ability to adapt to new clients and industries, apply experience in a timely manner, and operate in a dynamic team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with a team
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to successfully complete and retain any company, federal, or other background investigations required to perform client work
- Ability to adhere to company and client requirements related to COVID-19. These may include, but not be limited to: completing health questionnaires, obtaining a vaccination, providing proof of vaccination and/or obtaining negative test results, etc.
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis, statistics, and data modeling
- External client-facing management consulting experience
- Experience managing time and meeting deadlines across multiple and competing priorities
- Proven ability to take initiative on projects
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated success in building rapport and credibility with clients
- Ability to assess employee time data and output workload distributions according to varying data dimensions
- Data analysis should include trending, variation, and comparative analyses of processing controls (i.e., statistical process control charts, task time/performance analysis, or research power analysis)
- Data modeling experience should include familiarity with hierarchical, relational, or aggregated hierarchy modeling
- Proven track record of performing internal and external factor research to support data analysis (e.g., Researching benchmarks and best practices, leveraging third-party data to enhance forecasts, etc.)
- Experience developing executive level presentations that showcase outputs from data analysis, summaries of technical design, and key takeaways/recommendations
- Experience leading resource capacity (or workforce planning) initiatives for medium to large organizations (500+ ppl)
- Familiarity with applying statistical methods to generate forecasting projections
- Experience in Research & Analysis, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, a plus
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will be located in our Crystal City office. Once our office has fully reopened, applicants must be willing and able to work out of the Crystal City office. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and performance, talent and change management. Eagle Hill works with a range of public, private, and non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC, Seattle, and Boston metropolitan areas and across the nation. A recognized leader, Eagle Hill has earned awards from the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian as a top place to work. More information is available at www.eaglehillconsulting.com.