Software Development Junior Analyst
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
The Software Development Junior Analyst operates in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and works directly with the Knowledge Management Lead and IT management to develop and maintain EHC applications. The Software Development Junior Analyst supports application detail design requirements, data base design, coding, testing, and implementation, and related departmental duties.
Key duties include the following: consulting with users to fully understand needs and capture requirements, developing detail design specifications and custom solutions, applying best practices to write clean and effective code, testing and debugging the app using either Microsoft Power Platform tools or Microsoft Visual Studio tools, supporting implementation processes, developing documentation, and maintaining and/or updating existing code.
- Analyzes and documents user requirements
- Develops detail design specifications
- Codes, tests, debugs, and maintains applications
- Coordinates efforts to ensure smooth transition from development to implementation
- Maintains and updates existing applications
- Supports documentation development (e.g., best practices, templates, job aids, etc.)
- Assists IT help desk team with IT tickets and laptop support, as needed
- Develops and maintain DCAA cost rates and forward cost rates and support DCAA audits as necessary
- Supports various departmental business management and operations functions as needed
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Knowledge of Microsoft development tools such as Power Platform and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, or related
- Knowledge of data base design and working with platforms such as SQLServer
- Expertise and experience working with Microsoft Office 365 suite of tools including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and the dexterity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Microsoft PowerBI & SharePoint
- One year of relevant professional experience
- US Citizenship
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail email@example.com.
This position will be located in our Crystal City office. Once our office has fully reopened, applicants must be willing and able to work out of the Crystal City office. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and performance, talent and change management. Eagle Hill works with a range of public, private, and non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC, Seattle, and Boston metropolitan areas and across the nation. A recognized leader, Eagle Hill has earned awards from the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian as a top place to work. More information is available at www.eaglehillconsulting.com.