Services and Innovation Consultant (Manager-Level)
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are currently recruiting for a Services and Innovations Consultant to join our Services and Innovation team at the Manager level. The Services and Innovation team focuses on the strategic positioning of our service offerings and driving differentiation in our solution sets in order to stay competitive in the market. This position will be 70% internal and 30% billable or client-facing. Specific responsibilities will vary based on business need and strategy, but the role of a Services and Innovations Consultant may include:
- Supports end-to-end innovation processes for specific priority offerings to drive differentiation in the market. Supports end-to-end innovation efforts, including market research efforts, assembling the right teams, collaborating with the business, generating a volume of ideas/potential differentiators, evaluating options and providing recommendations on our EHC strategic positioning/differentiation; drafting the resulting Point of View and supporting BD assets; validating and executing the internal launch plan to build awareness and BD capacity, and collaborating with Services Marketing on external launch plan (may include supporting select thought leadership pieces).
- Informs Services & Innovation strategic priorities and keeps a pulse on key metrics. Informs future investment areas and supports annual Services & Innovation strategic planning process by facilitating discussion with business leaders and conducting external research (e.g., competitors) and/or internal data analysis). Keeps an on-going pulse on other Services & Innovation impact metrics (e.g., leads) to help us evaluate impact and determine any adjustments needed.
- Leads and executes strategic communications efforts for Services & Innovation. Leads EHC-wide Services & Innovation newsletters and other email communications, including compiling relevant content and updates to drive employee awareness around resources for BD and delivery. Owns and maintains Services & Solutions Teams channel to optimize usability and make sure teams can easily access BD and delivery content. Supports the development of content to communicate our capabilities to external analysts, such as ALM Intelligence.
- Supports Client Delivery. Supports client engagements and business development efforts across the business (e.g., client meetings, proposals) that align to innovation areas and/or individual areas of expertise.
What are the Required Qualifications?
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, at least 2 years external client-facing management consulting experience, and at least one year in a manager role with direct report responsibility at a management consulting firm within the Federal/State/Local or Commercial/Non-profit space; experience in Eagle Hill service lines a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task and shift between priorities
- Strong problem solving / complex solution development skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including ability to present in front of large and/or executive audiences
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills while also excelling in project execution
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take initiative
- Knowledge of design thinking methodology (preferred)
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable operating and leading others in times of ambiguity
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to successfully complete and retain any company, federal, or other background investigations required to perform client work
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- Prior consulting experience in the talent space preferred
Compensation: A reasonable expectation for a starting salary range is $117-125K Base + Bonus.
What are our Benefits?
Eagle Hill Consulting provides a robust benefits package that includes:
100% Employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability
Further, Eagle Hill Consulting offers Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K with Employer Match, Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness, Commuter Benefits, an Annual Discretionary Bonus, and generous time off for eligible employees that includes a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, and 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail email@example.com.
This position will be located in our Crystal City office. Once our office has fully reopened, applicants must be willing and able to work out of the Crystal City office. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and performance, talent and change management. Eagle Hill works with a range of public, private, and non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC, Seattle, and Boston metropolitan areas and across the nation. A recognized leader, Eagle Hill has earned awards from the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian as a top place to work. More information is available at www.eaglehillconsulting.com.