Nonprofit Consulting Director
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
Eagle Hill is seeking a Director with management consulting experience within the nonprofit sector. The Director will help us grow our nonprofit practice by expanding Eagle Hill’s work with current clients, which include international foundations and membership and advocacy organizations. Further, they will be responsible for leading efforts to successfully shape and capture new work. They will leverage their understanding of the operational challenges nonprofits face today, their experience partnering with nonprofit executives to drive organizational improvements, and their professional network to develop strategic and trusted client relationships and shape Eagle Hill solution offerings to resonate with prospect’s needs.
Eagle Hill Directors also may lead one or more client accounts which includes managing client relationships and contracts, ensuring successful client delivery across projects, and meeting sales, revenue, and margin targets. Further, Directors are consummate professionals with deep expertise in our capability areas and innovative practitioners that deliver results beyond expectations. Internally, they are unparalleled in their commitment to the mentorship and professional development of their teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, 7 years in management consulting with experience operating in a Director capacity with oversight over delivery, business development, and team management OR a mix of management consulting experience as outlined above along with industry experience in a senior-level operations role
- Experience providing consulting services in one or more of the following disciplines: Strategy and performance, process improvement, organizational design, change management, human capital strategy design and implementation, workforce planning, talent development, and/or program management
- Proven track record of shaping and capturing management consulting engagements
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts to identify, qualify, and pursue “greenfield” prospect/future client relationships for the firm in new capabilities or clients sets
- Extensive experience in account planning, managing business development and end-to-end procurement processes, and track record of developing winning proposals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills
- Strong relationship builder with demonstrated success in building rapport and credibility and seen as a “go-to” resource for innovative and collaborative solutioning
- Strong leadership skills, including people development, team building, and conflict management
- Demonstrated excellence presenting to an executive-level audience, both written and oral
- Experience leading consulting engagements and developing and managing scope, budget, and schedule
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Minimum of 15 years work experience, 7 years in management consulting with experience operating in a Director capacity with oversight over delivery, business development, and team management OR a mix of management consulting experience as outlined above along with industry experience in a senior-level operations role
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Human Capital Management, Human Resources, or Organizational Development, preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit, significant nonprofit experience and demonstrated “above and beyond” success in business development efforts yielding consistent growth in their field
- Nonprofit management consulting experience in a leadership capacity
- Leadership experience within a nonprofit organization a plus
- Experience in developing new service offerings in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
Compensation: A reasonable expectation for a starting salary range is $170-210K Base + Bonus.
What are our Benefits?
Eagle Hill Consulting provides a robust benefits package that includes:
100% Employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability
Further, Eagle Hill Consulting offers Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K with Employer Match, Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness, Commuter Benefits, an Annual Discretionary Bonus, and generous time off for eligible employees that includes a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, and 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading Approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Crystal City office and at client sites throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.