Consulting Senior Manager (Federal Government Sector)
About Eagle Hill
As the largest woman-owned consulting firm in Washington DC, Eagle Hill is an award-winning, family-run company, committed to solving business problems, with a focus on value above expectations. We are a diverse community of consultants who encourage each other to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to an entrepreneurial work environment. We bring a people-centered, collaboration-driven, and impact-focused mindset to everything we do.
What is the Eagle Hill Culture?
At Eagle Hill, you’re not just a number. Beyond the technical skills and expertise you bring, we recognize and value your individually lived experiences. The words Diversity and Inclusion are not a catch phrase at Eagle Hill. Diversity is woven into the fabric of our actions and words with each other. Inclusion is expressed through the mutual respect we show for one another and our clients. We know that our differences make us stronger and result in delivering the best solutions.
Is Eagle Hill for me?
In the workplace, we offer employees a personalized experience, paired with the best experiences and benefits of a big firm. Our smaller size provides our people with exceptional opportunities to accelerate their careers through skills development, access to the highest levels of leadership, and opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibilities earlier in their careers. While we work hard, Eagle Hill cares for the whole person and their commitments and passions outside of work. This translates to a work-life flexibility unmatched by our competitors, which only enhances the energy and enthusiasm we bring to work every day. Eagle Hill supports our people by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100 percent company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
We are currently hiring consultants to join Eagle Hill at the Senior Manager level with management consulting experience in the Federal Government, preferably within civilian agencies such as FDA, DHS, GSA. Senior Managers lead multiple and/or complex teams and projects, develop and grow client relationships, and are responsible for solution development and successful client delivery, often across a portfolio of projects. Senior Managers contribute as leaders beyond the project level. They lead business development efforts, own the professional development of employees and teams, and support Eagle Hill account management and expansion.
We want our people to grow their careers at Eagle Hill. As such, you are hired and considered for all projects within the Federal Government Sector (FGS). Upon joining the firm, a Senior Manager will join one or more client engagements that could fall within any of our FGS accounts. Senior Managers are expected to demonstrate competency in solutioning within our service lines and in business development efforts. Specific responsibilities may vary and will be dependent on an employee’s current project role, but the role of a Senior Manager in FGS may include:
- Lead one or more FGS client projects
- Manage matrixed teams and client relationships
- Mentor, coach, and professionally develop team members
- Actively participate in helping Eagle Hill grow; play a lead role in developing FGS new business through client relationships and exceptional client delivery
- Contribute to internal initiatives that build firm capability
- Lead teams in the development of client solutions
- Serve as a project lead and play a hands-on role in developing client solutions in strategy and performance, talent, and change management
- Work collaboratively with FGS clients to develop a deep understanding of business issues, create strategies to address their problems, and work alongside clients to implement those solutions
What are the Required Qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years external client-facing management consulting experience with federal government clients and at least 3 years in a manager role with direct report responsibility at a management consulting firm
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including people development, team building, and conflict management
- Highly developed project and program management experience
- Highly skilled in leading individual and team performance; experience developing others’ management and leadership capabilities
- Experience leading across multiple consulting engagements and developing and managing people, scope, budget, and schedule
- History of successfully leading the development of solutions through strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven track record in gaining client trust and building credibility by way of delivery excellence
- Demonstrated excellence presenting to an executive-level audience, both written and oral
- Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Technical aptitude; able to quickly learn new technology platforms
- Flexible and adaptable, be a leadership role model for others at all times, and especially, during times of change and ambiguity
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to successfully complete and retain any company, federal, or other background investigations required to perform client work
- Insight into federal contract management and knowledge of federal contract vehicles and desire to lead and contribute to business development efforts
What are the Desired Qualifications?
- Advanced Degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Human Capital Management, Human Resources, or Organizational Development preferred; MA or MS degree in Strategic Human Capital Management a plus
- External client-facing management consulting experience in Eagle Hill’s service lines (strategy and performance, talent, and change management) serving federal government clients
Compensation: A reasonable expectation for a starting salary range is $133-165K Base + Bonus.
What are our Benefits?
Eagle Hill Consulting provides a robust benefits package that includes:
100% Employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability
Further, Eagle Hill Consulting offers Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K with Employer Match, Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness, Commuter Benefits, an Annual Discretionary Bonus, and generous time off for eligible employees that includes a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, and 12 weeks Paid Parental Leave.
What is the Application Process?
Applicants should note that we follow the Topgrading Approach to hiring. Topgrading is a thorough and robust interview process, which ensures we consistently follow a structured and equitable assessment process in hiring the most qualified candidates to join our team and position them for success.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC, please call 703-229-8600 or e-mail email@example.com.
Positions are located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Crystal City office and at client sites throughout Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. Eagle Hill does not cover the cost of relocation. Occasional travel may be required based on business needs.
Eagle Hill Consulting, LLC is a woman-owned business that provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and performance, talent and change management. Eagle Hill works with a range of public, private, and non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC, Seattle, and Boston metropolitan areas and across the nation. A recognized leader, Eagle Hill has earned awards from the Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian as a top place to work. More information is available at www.eaglehillconsulting.com.